Update Linksys Router Firmware: A device like Linksys Wi-Fi router has to be updated for better performance. Normally, every year in regular intervals or whenever it is needed, the manufacturer releases a new Linksys Router Firmware update. These updates are mostly related to fix bug issues. And sometimes there are some notable firmware updates that are very much to improve better performance of Linksys router, network security and etc. An year before Linksys released a firmware with respect to interface. Users who updated their Linksys Wi-Fi Routers with this new firmware, identified a new admin page with appealing settings page i.e., easy to access than before.
So, whenever there is new software that is available from trusted sources, then for sure Linksys Router firmware update should be done. Now the question is how to update the router with firmware?! Well, here I’m to show some quick and easy way to update your router with the new firmware. No matter what, whenever there is a firmware update, I recommend you to update your router with it. A firmware update to the router would be like a fresh start to the device, and sure your router will be more fast, secured and reliable. Without any delay, let’s upgrade your Wi-Fi router with Linksys Router Firmware update.
How to upgrade Linksys Router Firmware Update?
Steps to Check Linksys Router Current Firmware Version
- Open the browser and enter Linksys Router default IP, i.e., 192.168.1.1
- Enter the username and password at the security login page to access the admin page of the router.
- Once you logged into the admin page, on the top right corner, you can see the current firmware version number of your router.
- Note down the version number on a piece of paper with now mistakes.
How to download New Firmware Update of Linksys Router?
- Open a new browser window, and log on to Linksys.com.
- Go to ‘Support’ which is at the top main menu bar, and enter your Wi-Fi router model number. (Check bottom side of your router to know the model number)
- Select ‘Get Downloads’.
- Now you can all the Firmware’s that are available to your Linksys Wi-Fi Router device.
- Find the latest firmware version of Linksys Router by verifying it with firmware number that you noted down.
- Cross check firmware version with the following details.
- Release Date: 01/04/2017
- Firmware Version Number: For example, Ver.2.87.4
- Download Size and Link. for example, 4.22 MB
- Release Notes for the new firmware
- Once you found the new firmware, select the download button that is available at the button of the firmware to start the download process.
- Wait till the download is completed successfully.
- Once it is done, remember the path of the Linksys Router Firmware update file.
How to do Linksys Router Firmware Update?
- Open the browser and enter default login IP of your router, i.e., 192.168.1.1
- Access the admin page of Linksys router and providing the correct logins.
- Go to Administration page and select Firmware Update.
- Now, select the latest firmware file that you downloaded by give a tap on ‘Browse’ button.
- Select the ‘Upgrade’ button, to start the up gradation process of you router with new firmware.
- Wait till the Linksys Router Firmware update is completed.
- Once it is done, your router will get rebooted.
- Check the firmware version number to confirm the update is completed successfully.
That’s it!! Hope now you updated your Linksys Wi-Fi Router with the new Firmware version which is more secured and fast than before. If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to ask me. Just comment below. Would be more happy to answer your queries.